Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simple Cards for Simple Pleasures

I've been reminded in several ways over the past week what an important role pets can play in our lives. One reminder was from my friend Cav, who hosts a weekly card making challenge for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators over at my favorite on-line destination, Splitcoaststampers.

This week, Cav asked us to make cards that reminded us of beloved pets. I jumped at the chance to use my stamp sets "D is for Dog" and "C is for Cat" from Stampin' Up!. Even though I don't have (and haven't ever had) a dog, I find I pull that set out as often as I do the cat set. Dogs, it seems, are popular amongst my friends and relations.





These cards are super-simple: each successive piece of card stock is cut just 1/4" smaller that the one underneath, and all are adhered using SNAIL adhesive. No fancy trimming, and I even skipped putting on any embellishments. (I actually really wanted to put a little rhinestone on the kitty's collar, but didn't have any.)

Colors are Chocolate Chip, More Mustard (dog), Tangerine Tango (cat), and Very Vanilla. To finish the cards off before sending, I'll attach another piece of Vanilla on the inside with a stamped sentiment, and maybe a paw print or dog bone, too.

Tangerine Tango, in which I stamped the cat image and "C", and makes the middle layer on the cat card, is I think my all-time favorite Stampin' Up! color. It was an In Color from a few years back, and is one of the colors that have been re-introduced as part of the Color Renovation. I am really excited about this!!! If you haven't checked out the new color families (Brights, Subtles, Regals and Neutrals), hop on over to www.stampinup.com and take a look-see. With the fab new Color Coach, it is going to be easy-peasy to make solid color choices every day.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'd love to hear what you think of these or any of the cards I've posted. If you would like me to feature a particular technique, style, color or image, let me know, and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment