Thursday, March 11, 2010

Olympic VSN Silver Medalist

Yea! I'm so happy to tell you that one of the cards I made for the recent Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on Splitcoast was a winner. The card (see previous post), using the Rolling Marble Technique, was a "Silver Medalist" for the curling-themed challenge.

The Rolling Marble technique is easy and fun, and it is a great alternative to stamping or dsp for making a unique background.

For my card, I used a nice bright color combination: Yoyo Yellow, Orchid Opulence and Rich Razzleberry. I layered the marbled and stamped Glossy White piece on yellow, and put the whole shebang on an Orchid card base.

The stamping for this card was super-simple: just the Medallion stamped in Orchid on top of the marbled bg.

I'm quite proud that my card was chosen as a winner, but I'm even more excited that I saw cards from Trina (mnfroggie) and her mom, Jackie (m&msgradma) on the podium, too! There is a sub-thread in the VSN forum where all of the winners are listed. Check them out for some great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment