Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Fun Sketch

Over at SCS, my friend susie nelson showed me a card she made using a fun little sketch (SC268). I had a great time putting together this adaptation of her card.



Want to play along? Here's what you'll need:

1) Card base is Creamy Caramel cs, as is the mat for the tall image. I also used Close to Cocoa cs for the mat behind the swirl stamp. The square image is matted with Garden Green. All other pieces of card stock are Very Vanilla.

2) I used my new favorite toy--Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up!--and the SU Texturz plates for the dry embossing on the large VV panel. I added color around the edge by sponging with both Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa Classic inks.

3) The swirl from Baroque Motifs and daisies from Upsy Daisy are both stamped in Old Olive Classic ink, with more Old Olive sponged around the edges.

4) It was fun to pull out my Heat Tool, VersaMark ink and Gold Embossing Powder to create the main (albeit smallest) focal image for the card. The sponging there is Close to Cocoa.

5) Check out the Masterpiece Ribbon Originals pack to find this fancy ribbon. Sometimes I like to conserve and fasten the ends of ribbon behind a panel on the front of the card, but here I just went whole hog and wrapped this beautiful design all the way around the card front. For that reason, I cut my card base sideways (cut at 4 1/4" and scored at 5 1/2").

Hope you like my card! Please leave a comment, and of course let me know if you "need" any stamping supplies! Remember, Sale-A-Bration runs through the end of this month--that's FREE stuff with every $50 purchase (plus extended Hostess Benefits, too).

1 comment: