Monday, March 29, 2010

SCS Milwaukee Swap #2

I'm making good progress on my SCS swaps for Stampin' Up!'s upcoming Milwaukee Regional Seminar. Here is my second card.



1. Confetti White card base is standard size; Night of Navy strip is 5 1/2" x 1 1/2"; Brocade Blue strip is 5 1/2" x 1".

2. I used my grid paper to help me line up SU!'s Medallion stamp(Who doesn't love this versatile image?), which I'd inked with my Night of Navy Classic pad. That's the only stamping on the card, though I could add a sentiment to the inside later.

3. For the central accent, I used my just-arrived-today Sizzlits die and my Big Shot. Boy, am I enjoying my new tool. The two smaller scallop circles are cut with the Big Shot, and I used the Scallop Circle Punch for the Confetti White circle. The flower is held together with a brad from the Rich Regals assortment.

A fun feature of the Big Shot is that you can easily position the paper to cut just the portion of the die you want. For example, both the scallop circles are on the same die, but I was able to cut just the one I wanted each time, thereby saving a bit of card stock.

I'd like to give credit to the SCS Challenge forums for the basic layout. When I was cruising around, I found Sketch Challenge 268 (SC268), and thought it would work nicely for incorporating the Medallion image.

Thanks for checking out my blog, and stay tuned for the final installment of the SCS Milwaukee Swap Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment