Sunday, March 28, 2010

SCS Milwaukee Swap #1

I'm a bit bummed that I won't be able to attend Stampin' Up!'s Milwaukee Regional event next month, especially because my experience at last year's Minneapolis Regional really exceeded my expectations. Stampin' Up! does a great job with creating inspiring and supportive resources for their Demonstrators.

Anyway, I am participating in a card swap hosted by my friend Jana from Duluth. Swaps are a fun way to get new ideas and to see some products you may not have yourself, in action.

I thought I'd post my swaps here, along with instructions. Hope you enjoy seeing what I've come up with!



1. Card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4") is Cameo Coral. I cut the Watercolor Paper in quarters (1 7/8" x 2 1/2"), so that I could make four cards from each sheet. The Pumpkin Pie mat is just slightly bigger than the image panel (2 1/8" x 2 5/8"); the Basic Black mat has the same increase in the long dimension, and an extra 1/4" in the short dimension (2 1/2" x 2 3/4"), to allow for the Scallop Trim Border Punch.

2. Purrfect! image from Pun Fun is embossed with VersaMark and black embossing powder. I used Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral and Bordering Blue Classic Ink Pads to add color to this little guy with my Aquapainter. Just squeeze the pad while closed, and some ink is transferred to the lid: there's your palette! If you haven't tried SU!'s Aquapainters for watercoloring, you're really missing something, I must say.

3. I used the spunky Paws Stampin' Around Wheel with Cameo Coral ink to make some tracks on both the left side of the card front and also on the right side of the interior. You might be able to see the paw prints peeking through the punched trim. To get my wheeled image straight, I just used my grid paper. Stampin' Up! also has a nifty Wheel Guide that really helps not only with driving straight, but also with keeping an even pressure on your wheel.

4. One last detail I decided to add (especially since I only needed six cards for the swap) was the Fire Rhinestone Brad. I got these specialty brads when they were on sale last summer, and have really enjoyed using them on occasion to add a little bling to my creations. I positioned the brad using the Paper Piercing Tool and the Mat Pack.

Hope you like my card! (And I especially hope my fellow swap group members like it.) Stay tuned for more; I'm in three swap groups, so I plan to post all of them right here on my little blog.

1 comment: