Saturday, February 27, 2010

Virtual Stamp Night

I've blogged before about the great supportive website, www.splitcoaststampers.com. This weekend is Virtual Stamp Night--Olympics! I'm pretty busy, but am finding a chance here and there to complete a few of the challenges.

If you've never played in a VSN before, I encourage you to try it out. The idea is simple: every hour, a new challenge is posted, complete the challenge in 45 minutes (no official "start time"), and then post your entries by the date/time specified. Usually, that's 10:00 PM ET on the Sunday night.

These challenges are great fun, and are a super way to help you focus on getting the job done. You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish in less than an hour!



Here's a card I made this afternoon for a challenge with a "Curling" theme. It uses the Rolling Marble Technique and SU!'s Medallion stamp.












The Grateful Giraffe card with one of my favorite color combinations (Always Artichoke, So Saffron and Elegant Eggplant) was for a sketch challenge. Can you see the inukshuk?



I earned the "Animal Stories" stamp set FREE with a $50 order earlier this month. There are so many options for Sale-A-Bration freebies this year. And, speaking of SAB, I notice that the other two stamp sets on this card ("Define Your Life" and "Defining Alphabet") are both sets I earned as a Demonstrator from sales and recruiting during 2009 SAB. I'd love to answer your questions about what it's like to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator--now is a great time to join!





The blue sky and white snow of a clear, cold winter day is the inspiration for this color challenge. I made this sympathy card to send to the family of a church member who passed away this week.



The "Close as a Memory" stamp set seems to look good in whatever color I decide to use that day. Today it was three shades of blue: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and Night of Nave.

No comments:

Post a Comment