Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scones!

I've promised the recipe, and here it is at last. Giving credit where credit is due, I'd like to note that this recipe is adapted from "Joy of Cooking."

Classic Cream Scones

Pre-heat oven to 400F.

Stir together in a medium bowl with a fork:
2 C all-purpose flour (option: substitute 1/2 C whole wheat flour for some of the white flour)
1/3 C granulated sugar (this can be reduced to 1/4 C)
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder

Add 1/2 C of fruit, nuts or chocolate if desired. (Currants, mini chocolate chips, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, orange zest ...).

Pour most of a pint of whipping cream into bowl, and stir with fork until moistened.

Scoop batter onto baking sheet (I use my Pampered Chef Large Scoop), sprinkle with crystal sugar if desired. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on wire rack or serve warm.

I've served these scones and Banana Chocolate Chip muffins at many a Morning Stampers Meeting, to critical acclaim. I'd love to hear your snack tales!

No comments:

Post a Comment