Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Two for One

You know how I love a challenge, and stamping challenges are some of the best.

Here's one that is always fun: choose a layout and make two different cards. I made two simple birthday cards using a pretty basic layout. One is "feminine" and the other, "masculine." I was inspired by the CreativeCrew monthly challenge for SU Demonstrators over at splitcoaststampers.





For both cards, I used a stamp set that is a favorite with me and many of my stamping friends: Upsy Daisy. The bold image works really nicely for two-tone stamping like I've done here, and is perfect for several fun techniques such as Emboss-Resist and Faux Dry Embossing.

The sentiment is from the current Hostess Set Something to Celebrate. I selected the clear mount option when I earned this set, and that ws perfect for what I wanted to do here. Even though the words are in one line on the stamp, it was a snap to align them with "Birthday!" under "Happy" because of the clear mount feature.

These cards use Baja Breeze/Old Olive or Regal Rose/Certainly Celery card stock and ink, and both have Encore Silver ink and Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock. As an accent on the masculine card, I used Linen Thread, and on the feminine card, Old Olive 1/4" tafetta ribbon.

I punched the sentiment panels (after stamping) with the Scallop Oval Punch. The mats are actually two Scallop Ovals together behind the sentiment.

Of course, I added some sponging to my image and sentiment panels. I love sponging!

I've got openings for Workshops in May and June, and I'd love to come make some fabulous cards with you and your friends. Contact me to book your Workshop, and don't forget that May is National Scrapbook Month, so SU has some fun specials running. Check out www.stampinup.com for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment