Sunday, May 22, 2011

May VSN (eta: "I won!")

I won't have much time for recreational stamping this weekend, but I will squeeze in a few cards for the May 2011 VSN: Pirate theme!

One time-saver for me this weekend will be to use the leftovers from my LNFI-benefit Stamp-a-Stack I held at Ann's house on Tuesday evening. I prepped 10 sets of card stock for each of 4 different cards. Since we had 8 ladies attend, I have a few cards all ready to go.

Of course, I want to change things up a bit, so these cards are sometimes substantially different from the cards we made on Tuesday. I'm using the same dimensions for the most part, as well as sticking with the color combinations.

For all three cards here I used Salut a toi, the French version of Hello Again. I earned this set free during this year's Sale-a-Bration promotion. It is cute and simple.

For this first card, I changed the original image (I had used Upsy Daisy) and added Linen Thread, but left everything else the same. This color combination and layout really work for me.



Here I changed both image and layout a bit. This CAS card uses "inchies" mounted on 1 1/4" scallop squares for a trio of images. The spunky Daffodil Delight Pom Pom Trim is attached with Crystal Effects.



Finally, this Side Step card is a little simpler that the original one I made last week, and it has a more upbeat feel. I kept the sponging and pearls, but added stamped and matted panels to the side steps this time. I like it equally as much as my original.



* I won! I love it when my card is chosen for the VSN Honors Gallery. Yippee! My Side Step card was chosen this time around, for the "ARRR" challenge (Regal Rose, Rose Red, Repeated image, Recycled elements, Row of pearls).

No comments:

Post a Comment