Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Spotlight for Mary

A friend offered to give a handmade gift, with some "pay it forward" stipulations, so I am making a gift of handmade cards for another friend. I'll share some of them here.



This Paris-themed card was inspired by the VSN challenge to use the Spotlighting Technique. This is a favorite technique of mine, because it is a super simple and quick way to put a new twist on an old image.

Here I've stamped the Eiffel Tower (from Artistic Etchings) in VersaMark ink, and embossed with white ep on Chocolate Chip card stock. I stamped the image a second time using Pink Pirouette on Whisper White, punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch, sponged with Chocolate Chip and then popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.

The background panel has several images from the same set in various inks: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight and Pink Pirouette. More sponging there, too, of course.

I saw another card this weekend online that had the panels tilted, and I remembered how fun that is to do, so I used that idea on this card as well. The brown ribbon is from a gift box, and the white is SU!'s Satin Ribbon.

Stay tuned! I'll post more of this collection soon. Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment