Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Here at Ruttger's I've had a quiet room to myself in the evenings. Of course, I've put my time to good use!

I thought a Mother's Day card or two would be a fine choice for my evening's activities, so I pulled up the tutorial for the Side Step Card over at Splitcoaststampers.com, and got down to business. This card looks very complex, but is surprisingly quick to make.



I made my own background using the small flower image from Belles attentions (French language Because I Care Hostess Set), stamped and sponged with Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Crumb Cake.

The hydrangea blossom is inked with Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz markers, and sponged with Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake. I'm continually impressed with my Paper Snips--I couldn't have trimmed this image with just any scissors.

The Scallop Trim Border Punch and a grouping of Basic Jewels pearls helps make my Side Step card extra special.

The second card I made tonight is super simple, and I was really just CASEing myself here. Everything is pretty self-explanatory.



My favorite part about the design of this card is that no measurements are needed for the panels--just eyeball it and cut! A close second in the fun department is using the Color Spritzer Tool to add some dimension.

A happy Mother's Day to all my friends, and especially to those of you who are moms. Also a big thanks to my friends and co-workers Pam and Michelle for playing with me tonight! It is always more fun to stamp together.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to note that I added a hyperlink to the SCS tutorial for the Side Step Card. Try it out!

    ReplyDelete