Sunday, October 17, 2010

VSN Mini

Thanks to Trina, I was able to participate in one of the challenges for this weekend's Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoast Stampers.

The theme is "Cloud Nine." This challenge was to use the Spotlight Technique, like a ray of sunshine peeking through the clouds illuminating a bit of the world.

I need to start thinking about Christmas cards, and my Technique Club meeting is coming up NEXT week (thanks for helping me out with my calendar, Ann), so I killed three birds with one stone.



This card uses the Snow Swirled stamp set. I wanted a crisp, elegant look, so chose Real Red, Basic Gray and Concord Crush (such a rich In Color), and paired them with Whisper White card stock. I kept all the lines clean, punched the edge with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and then added a Whisper White panel to the inside to show off the lacy border a bit more.

The trick to stamping this card is using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the images. If you have the stamp set in the clear-mount option, you could probably get by easily without the SAMJ.

With the VSN challenges, you are limited to 45 minutes to complete each card. I took about an hour to make this card and cut all the pieces for my Club ladies (I made 9 copies).

No comments:

Post a Comment