Thursday, October 21, 2010

NOEL

At the risk of ruining the surprise, I'm now posting the third project that my Techniques Club will complete one week from tonight. This is also a Christmas card--I really need to get working on my stash if I plan to have any to send out this season!



I just had to find a way to use the Jolly Holiday double-sided Designer Series Paper that is in SU!'s 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. I love the vintage-y colors (Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla) and the crisp, bold patterns. I'm always thinking ahead, and had ordered some of tne new narrow tafetta ribbon (Old Olive--I love these coordinating products) a few months ago. I just knew I'd need it for this project, right? ;)

Even though this card looks pretty complicated, using the Tag and Small Tag punches to create the "ornaments" on the front took hardly any time. I simply used Mini Glue Dots to adhere the ribbon ends behind the dsp panel, and there are my ornaments!

Here's the inside:



More dsp in here (I hope you can see it)! Plus, I used another of my punches, the Spiral Punch, just to add some charachter. Since this card was a bit of a diversion from my normal style, I offset the mat behind my sentiment panel (also stamped with a tag-shaped image from the Grateful Greetings stamp set), rather than having the mat show evenly on all sides.

One final note: Inspired by Marilyn, I folded the striped dsp on the card front over the fold, so that it shows evenly on both front and back. That's the great thing about stamping with friends!

Are you inspired to make your own Christmas cards? I'd love to help you earn some FREE product! Let's set up a workshop date--drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment