Monday, October 18, 2010

Plaid Silhouette Hearts

The Plaid Silhouette technique that I'll be using for the October meeting of my Technique Club has become one of my favorite ways to use bold images. I love the cool, multicolored effect that gives so much texture, and the technique is also very forgiving.



For this Joy Fold card, I paired a card base of Wild Wasabi with a Cajun Craze inner card and Very Vanilla for the inside liner.

To stamp the heart images (from J'taime stamp set, clear mount), I used Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Wild Wasabi Classic Ink pads. I was going for the look of a pile of leaves in Fall. For these hearts, I used my Paper Snips to trim each "leaf." There is another heart in this set that fits to the Full Heart Punch from Stampin' Up!, if you're looking for a quicker option.

I would love to demonstrate this technique for you at a workshop sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment