Monday, September 6, 2010

A Froggie Sketch

When I am looking for some quick inspiration for my card-making, I almost always turn to the Splicoast Challenges Forum. Most of the cards I post here on my blog have their roots in either the Weekly Demo Challenges or the open forum challenges.

A favorite of mine is the weekly Sketch Challenge. It is so inspiring to see how different stampers take the same layout and tweak it to fit thier individual styles and materials. Some of the sketches are pretty complex, but most of them are fairly easy to duplicate. Also, the challenge hostess always posts a diagram and includes measurements for her sample. What a great service!



Last week's Sketch Challenge looked like a good candidate for me to use with my Hoppy for You stamp set. As you probably know, I really like monochromatic color combinations, so I had fun using 3 different shades of green (Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery and Old Olive) for this creation.

To make the frog leap out at us, I folded a little strip of card stock into a "W" shape, and adhered it with Mini Glue Dots. The only other embellishment I included was some paper piercing around the smallest square.

Thanks for checking out my blog; I'd love to hear where you are getting your inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment