Saturday, September 11, 2010

Elements of Style

I am so happy with my Elements of Style clear mount stamp set. I really like everything about it: great images, versatile sentiments, clear mount option. Here are some cards I made Friday night with some of the new In Colors.



Here was a failed attempt at a color combination challenge over at SCS. Failed only because I used the wrong color (Blushing Bride instead of Peach Parfait.) Oh, well. I like the result, though.

I have a new way that I'm creating the curved torn edge like you see here. Maybe everyone else always does it this way, but I just figured out that if you cut with a scissors on the curve and then distress it, it is easier to get a smooth curve.




For this weeks Workshop Wow Demo Challenge, I made these two cards, inspired by a sugar cookie! I needed to make a CAS card, use punches or dies and keep it mostly vanilla or white. I kept with the color combination I was using for the first card (again with the Blushing Bride instead of Peach Parfait). On this card I also used my color spritzer tool, which is perfect for using my In Colors Stampin' Write Markers.

For the second card, I decided to add a couple of more punches and use the spotlighting technique. I'm not that thrilled with the way the coloring turned out using the Markers, but I guess I just need more practice! That's always fun.

I hope you like these cards, and I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment