Sunday, September 12, 2010

Balloon Bunch

I tried out the color combination for last week a second time--and this time I used the right colors!



This Balloon Bunch, a birthday card for a 6 year old boy, combines three of Stampin' Up!'s In Colors: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait. I used the Enjoy Every Moment stamp set for the polka dot image and the jumbo "enjoy" sentiment on the card front. The balloons are stamped with an image from the retired Birthday Whimsy set. I also used the birthday cake + candles image and the "happy birthday" sentiment from that stamp set on the interior of the card.

Card base is standard-size Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft), and I added a matching envelope. The Whisper White panel is cut just 1/8" smaller in each dimension (4 1/8" x 5 3/8"). To create the bunch of balloons, I stamped six balloons on Whisper White, cut them out, and arranged them on the card front. Then I carefully picked them up one at a time to stick them together. I tied a short piece of Linen Thread to each balloon, and tied the strings together to form a bunch. I used an old spiral from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit to anchor the strings in the center of the O. Mini Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensionals helped me hold everything together.

I know it looks like a lot of work, cutting out all of those balloons. But with the Paper Snips, it really isn't hard. Of course, I had Catherine's help, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment