Friday, June 25, 2010

Top Note Quilt

This is a card I made for the weekly Demonstratable Cards challenge over on SCS: The Demo Side. Hee, hee!



What a fun and easy use for the Top Note die and my Big Shot. Also, if you're like me, and can't seem to find enough uses for ALL of the designer series paper that comes in the SU packs, this is a great way to put those scraps to a beautiful use.

Really, it's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Cut (or punch) some squares of dsp. I used some of my retiring Tall Tales paper, and made 1 1/4" squares. The style looks good with inchies, too. You need enough squares to cover a 4" x 5" piece of card stock. The total number of squares will vary, depending on how big they are, obviously. Do the math. I used 2-Way Glue to attach them to my card stock.

2. Put the assembled quilt piece face-down on your Top Note die, and run it through your Big Shot. If you don't have a Big Shot, buy one through me: you won't regret it. Ha, ha. Actually, I'd be happy to let you stop on by sometime and try it out--give me a call!

3. Finish your card. For my card, I used a Barely Banana card base, and added a Brilliant Blue Top Note behind my quilted Top Note for a little bit of depth. The quilted piece is popped up with Dimensionals.

Really, it is just that simple. Hope you like it, and I hope to hear from you soon. You know I love stamping and I love my friends, and I especially love stamping with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment