Friday, June 18, 2010

Technique Club Year 5

Welcome Ann, Carol, Marilyn, Silva and Trina to Year 5 of my Techniques Stamp Club! Thanks, ladies (and especially to charter members Carol and Marilyn) for signing on for another year of stamping and learning.

We met tonight (at my mom's!) for our kick-off meeting, and set our meeting months for August and October of 2010, and January, February, April and June of 2011. We do still have room for at least one more member, so please contact me if you are interested in more information.



Here is a card I made tonight, from some scraps I had lying around. These are retiring colors (Ballet Blue, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red). Stampin' Up!'s new Idea Book and Catalog comes out July 1, with new colors, accessories and, of course, great stamp sets.

To make this card, I used a pre-cut card base of Brocade Blue, which is oriented with the fold on the left side (rather than up top as usual). I cut a piece of Cameo Coral card stock to 5 1/4" x 4", and stamped the swirl image from Baroque Motifs with Ruby Red ink. That panel is adhered to the card front with SNAIL adhesive.

The main image panel is a scrap of Naturals Ivory cs. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions. I spritzed it a bit and ran it through my Big Shot then sponged Cameo Coral ink over the whole panel to bring out the design. Around the edges I sponged Ruby Red ink. I formed the piece into panels by cutting 1 1/4" off of each long edge. What was leftover became the middle panel. No measuring--perfect!

I decided I needed a bit of blue on top to balance the design, so I pulled out another scrap and stamped and sponged that piece with Ballet Blue.

Remember, retiring stamp sets, ink/card stock colors and accessories are available only through June 30, so please let me know if you "need" anything before it is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment