Monday, June 28, 2010

Purple Rose



Here's a birthday card for one of the "Red Hat Ladies." Of course, there was no getting away from the red-and-purple theme, and SU!'s Real Red, Lovely Lilac and Orchid Opulence filled the bill nicely, I think.

Card base is Lovely Lilac, and I added some background stamping in the same shade ink. I also included a white panel on the inside for the message. I stamped a "happy birthday" sentiment in Lilac ink, and sponged Real Red around the edges of the panel.

The Real Red mat on the front of the card measures 3 3/4" x 5", and the image panel is only slightly smaller (3 1/2" x 4 3/4"). I popped the whole thing up using Stampin' Dimensionals, and then ran the 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain ribbon behind the panel before tying the square knot.

I just had to get one more "postable" card out of this gorgeous stamp set--it is retiring this week! You can check out the whole list of "last chance" items at www.stampinup.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment