Sunday, November 22, 2009

Technique Club

I'm excited to welcome a new member to my Techniques Stamping Club. Holly will be joining us in January. That brings our membership up to 8 stampers (plus me). It is a fun and laid-back group that I am proud to be associated with. Thanks, Ladies! And special thanks to Trina for bringing Holly to us.

The stamping technique we'll be featuring at our January meeting is Ghosting, sometimes known as VersaMark Resist. As you can tell from its names, this technique uses VersaMark Ink to produce a shadowy effect.

Here is an example of a Christmas card I made last year using the Ghosting Technique.



This card has a couple of special features. Firstly, though it is hard to see in the scanned image, it is a "Tent-Topper" card. All this means is that the actual card base is smaller than normal. If you look closely, you can see that the image panel actually extends above the fold of the card.

Another somewhat unusual aspect of this card is that the main image is on Glossy card stock. When using a brayer to apply ink (as we do with this technique), Glossy is the way to go.

The third thing I really enjoyed when making this card was the doodling around the edge. Those are just freehand dots with a white gel pen. I always feel adventurous when I doodle.

I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to participate in a Stamp Club. I'm quite flexible, and love the opportunities my Stampin' Up! business affords me to meet and relax with lots of interesting and fun people.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! What a fun blog, you give such good instructions! I will definately be chicking in from time to time to see what you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete