Here is a fabulous and super-easy card that my Technique Club will make on Friday 11/6. Follow these simple instructions to make one for yourself.
- 1. Supplies: Confetti White cs, Glorious Green cs, Embrace Life stamp set, Grateful Greetings stamp set, Glorious Green Classic Stampin' Pad, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, 1/16" Circle Punch, Rhinestone Brads Squares, Stampin' Dimensionals, Grid Paper.
- 2. Cut and score a piece of Confetti White to standard card size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). Cut Glorious Green to a 4" square, and Confetti White to 3 3/4" square.
- 3. Form the wreath by stamping the bamboo branch image in a circle in Glorious Green ink. Use the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to ink up a few of the blossoms, "huff" on the stamp and add it to the wreath.
4. Add a little bling when you position a few Rhinestone Brads either--as I have--in a clump at the bottom of the wreath or distributed around the circle. Just punch a hole with the 1/16" Punch or use your Paper Piercing Tool and Mat. I've got the Square Brads, but probably the Circle Brads would look better, don't you think?
5. For a final touch, ink up the "Christmas Greetings" sentiment with the Real Red pad, and position it in the center of your card front by aligning it next to your grid paper.
6. I've mounted the colored mat directly on the card front, and then popped the image panel up on Dimensionals. I think that works well, especially because of the somewhat thick backs of the brads.
7. Here are some other ideas, too. How about adding a bow of gingham ribbon, using a different color combination (Ruby Red+Old Olive or Mellow Moss+Rose Red), rounding the corners of the panels and card ... ?
I'd love to hear what you come up with!