Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wax Paper Valentines

I'll post a tutorial soon of the Wax Paper Embossing Folder Resist technique that my Stamp Club learned last weekend. I can't think of a better use for your iron!

Here are two Valentines I made with some scraps that were left over. I designed the card with the Easel fold, which has a unique look but is really very straightforward (not much harder than a regular fold-in-half card, really).

For this first card, I used squares of the Glossy card stock that I had doctored up with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, wax paper, ironing and sponging. I used two squares that are inked with Melon Mambo Classic Ink and two that have Pretty in Pink. The Full Heart Punch of Whisper White card stock with a sentiment from Grateful Greetings stamped in Melon Mambo ink completes the focal point and message. I added a little extra bling by dabbing the stamp with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint before stamping.


Here's the card I made to take as my sample. Since I was concerned about running out of Glossy card stock, I used an odd-shaped piece and cut it into strips instead of squares. I like this look, too! I curled the edges with my Bone Folder, and secured the strips with Mini Glue Dots to make sure they weren't going anywhere. The heart on this card is punched from Shimmery White card stock, and the sentiment is pretty hard to see, because I stamped only with the Shimmer Paint. (It is better IRL.)


I hope you'll be inspired to make some of your own Valentines this year. If you see some products you like, please let me know, and I can help you order online or can place an order for you. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment