Sunday, January 8, 2012

Polynesian

When I delivered these cards today, Janet described the look as "Polynesian." I hadn't thought of that, but I do think it fits.


The color combination is form the Well Worn designer series paper from Stampin' Up!. I added More Mustard and So Saffron to the Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze. I copied the layout from some cards I made a while back, but for this rendition I went a lot fancier, adding the punched, creased, sponged and glittered flowers in place of a flat image panel. Each flower center has a secret, too: a tiny dot of Crystal Effects.

All the stamps I used for these cards are from retired sets. The flower is from Polka Dot Punches (an old Sale-a-Bration set). The stamps in this set each coordinate with a punch (this is the 5-Petal Flower Punch). For the sentiment, I used two different stamps from All Year Cheer I. I love how big and bold these sentiments are.


Don't forget that Stampin' Up!'s biggest event of the year begins on January 24: Sale-A-Bration! There are free product offers and incentives if you are interested in signing up to be your very own SU! demo! I would love to have you as part of my "downline." Contact me if you have questions or if you think you might like to host a workshop during Sale-A-Bration. It is a great time to earn lots of fun freebies.

(P.S. In case you are wondering, the grey fluffy thing behind my cards is Spalding the cat. He's always mugging for the camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment