Friday, January 6, 2012

Color Challenge

Not that I haven't been stamping, but I've had a hard time following through with photographing and posting my cards. Tonight I'm feeling creative and energetic, and managed to finish the job. Yea, me!

I found this color challenge (Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey) at Splitcoaststampers. I wasn't too jazzed about it at first, but I really like how my cards turned out.


I used the rock-n-roll technique (inked with Lucky Limeade and then rolled in Island Indigo)for the flower image from Close as a Memory. The white mat is embossed with a Texturz plate and then sponged with both colors. I used the Color Spritzer Tool with my Pear Pizzazz marker to add a little dimension to the image panel.


On the inside, I stamped the curlicue image from Baroque Motifs in Lucky Limeade, and then added the Mother Teresa quote from Butterfly of Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment