Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inside Out Joseph's Coat Take 2

I wanted to give the Inside Out Joseph's Coat technique another try. We learned this technique at the July meeting of my Stamp Club.

Stamp a detailed background stamp on neutral card stock using either Basic Black or StazOn black ink. Here I've stamped En Francais in Basic Black Classic Ink. Sponge up to three Classic ink colors over the background stamp. Cover the whole piece of card stock. This project has Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and my new favorite color Wisteria Wonder.



Clear emboss a solid image stamp over the card stock. I got my Hostess Rewards today, and that meant two new stamp sets to play with. This pretty flower image is from the new sympathy set, Love & Sympathy.




Bray the entire piece of card stock with a dark Classic ink color. I used Concord Crush.





Use a very slightly damp paper towel to remove the ink from the embossed portions of your panel. The dark ink should rub off easily, revealing both the bright colors and the detailed background image underneath.




Finish your card!


The new year of Stamp Club will start in September. We still have room for two or three more stampers. Please contact me if you are interested; I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment