Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthday Buddies


I made a few birthday cards with this fun new stamp set, Barnyard Buddies.

Here I stamped the tractor image in four different ink colors (Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz). I popped each 1 1/2" square up for dimension, and also added scored lines behind the images. The greeting is from the retired Wow Flowers set, and is attached to the card front with Linen Thread and a Mini Library Clip.



I went moved to a circle design on the second card. The pig is stamped in Soft Suede ink, and I layered the 1 1/4" Circle Punch over the Scallop Circle (that's Night of Navy again--SU!'s darkest blue). The Very Vanilla circle behind the image is the largest circle from the Circles 2 Die. I used the Color Spritzer Tool to add some Pear Pizzazz splash. The Poppy Parade accent strip is dry embossed with a Texturz Plate and my Big Shot.



I kept the circle theme going on the inside of the card. Poppy Parade is a good barn color, I think.



The images in this set are a nice combination of realistic but cute. I think I will have a lot of fun using this set to make cards and scrapbook pages for many different occasions.

I earned both the Barnyard Buddies and Love & Sympathy stamp sets free when I hosted my own Club meeting in July. Stampin' Up!'s new Hostess Rewards allow you to "spend" your rewards on any products, including exclusive Hostess-only stamp sets. To be honest, I wasn't sure I'd like the new system, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it has worked out for me so far.

If you would like the chance to earn some free stamps, card stock, inks or embellishments, let me know! We can set up a low-key Workshop in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment