Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thanks, Eddo

I was surprised and delighted on Sunday morning, when, as I made my way out of the worship service to fulfill my Sunday School "Shepherd" duty, my young friend Eddo relieved me of my duty. What a blessing!

I made him a card; here it is.





As you know, Stampin' Up! is retiring a lot of colors, and I am working on using up most of my stock, to make room for the exciting new selections that are coming on July 1. This card uses only retiring card stock, as well as an old Sale-A-Bration stamp set (Very Punny) that I've kept because I think it is really cute. Here are some details for this card.

1. Card base is Brocade Blue, but is a bit smaller than standard size. Why? Because, for some reason, I had a piece of card stock that was 7 1/2" x 5 1/2". I had scored it at 4 1/2" before I realized, and--instead of wasting it--I decided to make some adjustments to the design. I added a strip of Close to Cocoa card stock, punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch to the edge.
2. On the front, I stamped "thank you" from the Enjoy Every Moment stamp set with VersaMark ink, and embossed with Gold embossing powder. (I should have used my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Oops! But will a 13 year old boy really care? I think not.)
3. The focal image on the front is a Creamy Caramel mat beneath a Close to Cocoa panel that I put through the Big Shot with a Texturz plate. I am really loving that machine! Adding the texture or the die-cut elements to my projects gives me a little thrill every time. I stamped and embossed the pig on Naturals Ivory, cut her out with my Paper Snips, and popped her up with a Stampin' Dimensional.
4. For the inside of the card, I stamped the entire "tickled pink" image (including the words) on a piece of Naturals Ivory, and then added a Faux Cloisonne pig on top with a Dimensional.

I hope you'll try this cool technique. I'd love to hear about your experiences, or help you figure out how to get more enjoyment out of your paper crafting. Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment