Friday, April 2, 2010

Sea Foam "Thinking of You" and Special Celebration Offer

I had a fun evening with my neighbor and good friend, Chris. Sharing some time together is very renewing for me, and having stamping be part of our camaraderie is great fun.

"THINKING OF YOU" CARD


We had a message today that a long-time family friend, and very special friend of my mother in law, got some bad health news this week. I made this card with her in mind.

1. Card base is Sage Shadow (standard size); Whisper White (4 3/4" square); Top Note is Gable Green.

2. I sponged the edges of the Whisper White square with both Gable Green and Sage Shadow. The Sage is heavier on the edges, the Gable more toward the center.

3. I ran the Gable Green cs through my Big Shot with the SU! Texturz plate "Flourish" before cutting it with the Top Note die. This panel is also sponged, but only with Sage Shadow. Notice that, in addition to sponging the edges of the Top Note, I also added some sponging to the textured portion, just to help give the piece a bit more texture.

4. The sentiment is stamped with Sage Shadow ink on Whisper White, punched out with SU!'s Scallop Oval Punch, and then sponged with both Gable Green (center) and Sage Shadow (edges). This piece is popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional.

5. The flowers are stamped in Sage Shadow on Whisper White, cut out with my Paper Snips, and then sponged all over with Gable Green, and Sage Shadow at the very edges.

6. Of course, you'll notice that the main flower used the Faux Cloisonne' Technique that I described in my last post. (You recognize the wacky color scheme, too, I hope!)

7. Lastly, the embellishment is simply a coil of Linen Thread, stuck to the back of the flower with a Mini Glue Dot. I had planned on cutting the strands to let them all hang down at various lengths, but I liked the look as it was, so left it coiled.

I would love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment!

SPECIAL OFFER!

I can hardly believe that I've been with Stampin' Up! for FIVE WHOLE YEARS! In celebration, I'm offering a 5% DISCOUNT on all orders placed through me (sorry, can't do it for customer-submitted online orders) THROUGH APRIL 15. Contact me with an order or for details!

It is because of my GREAT FRIENDS AND CUTSTOMERS, as well as the support of my FAMILY that I've been able to make my hobby into a business. THANKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment