Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Snapespiration

My fine friend, Cav, over on the "Demo Side" at www.splitcoaststampers.com, organizes the weekly Demonstratable Cards Challenge. Within her guidelines, we are to create and upload cards that would be easy to use in a workshop.

Last week, another gal and I engaged in a short, on-line discussion about the Harry Potter stories, in particular touching on the character Snape. I suggested we have a "Snapespiration Challenge," and--here it is!



I think I'll use a similar design for my May Technique Club meeting, adapting it to be a Father's Day design. (When I showed it to Matt, he commented that it looked like a tie.)

1. Card base is Handsome Hunter (one of the many retiring colors); standard 1/4" reduction for the Basic Black layer (4" x 5 1/4").

2. To make the white "lapels", I started with Glossy White sized 1/4" smaller than the black (3 3/4" x 5"), and used my Cutter to mark a point 1" in from each edge on one short side. On the other short side, I marked 1 1/2" in from the edges, then aligned the card stock so that the two points formed my cut line.

3. The swirl from Baroque Motifs (golly, I really use this stamp set a lot!!!) is stamped on the Glossy White with Handsome Hunter Classic ink. I used the Encore Silver to stamp the "Ss" image ("Severus Snape", you know) on the black piece.

4. Part of Cav's challenge was to incorporate a stone ("Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"), so I placed a Rhinestone Square Brad from the Fire collection at the top center.

Can you see the Snapespiration in my card? Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment