Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 13th!


We are now the parents of an official teenager!

I made a CAS (Clean and Simple) card for Janie this year, and I really like it. I hope you do, too. CAS cards are a fun and easy avenue if you need a quick card. For example, if it is 11 PM and your eldest daughter's birthday is the next day.

I chose the color scheme straight from Stampin' Up!'s DSP "Tall Tales" (Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron). DSP is a great tool for cutting down on the time you need to invest in your card project. For this layout I simply selected a couple of the quail (I'm pretty sure it isn't "quails") and then positioned my sentiment around their cute little heads.

I thought this sentiment (from Stampin' Up!'s "Hope Happens" stamp set) was a great one for a young woman: It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. This is the only stamping I did on the front of the card. I did add another sentment on the inside. It reads, "laughter joy happiness bliss delight Wishing you all this ... and more!" Those two stamps are part of the "Best Wishes & More" stamp set.

Happy Birthday, Janie!

No comments:

Post a Comment