Friday, January 1, 2010

Accordion Card

Welcome 2010!

I have spent more time sending cards than making them the past few weeks, but last night I found some time to complete a WICKED challenge for December on the "demo side" of the Splitcoaststampers website.

If you are looking for a great resource for stamping ideas, check out www.splitcoaststampers.com! This fab site has everything you need to keep the ideas coming. I like completing the challenges--both those just for SU! demos and the weekly challenges on the main board.



This accordion card is one that I'll feature at my January 2010 Stamp Club meeting.

I will post some basic measurements here, and then I'll also post the link to Patti Lee's blog where she has all the details and fab photos of her work in progress. Thanks to Patti for the great direction and inspiration!!!

For the outside of the card:

1. The standard card base here is Whisper White (8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". I stamped flower images from Petal Pizazz in SU!'s Classic Pixie Pink (large blossom) and Pink Passion (small blossom).

2. The sentiment on the front of the card is stamped in Pink Passion. I've double-matted it with both Whisper White and Pixie Pink card stock, and popped the whole thing up on Stampin' Dimensionals. These are 1/4" mats, and the panel for this particular sentiment I cut at 2 1/2" square.

My sentiment is from SU!'s Hope Happens stamp set. I just got this one, and really like all the sentiments. I think it will be a favorite of mine!

Now, the inside:

1. The Pixie Pink card stock is 8" x 4", and then scored at 3", 3 1/2", 4", 4 1/2" and 5". (The score at 4" is the center, and then there should be 2 parallel scores on either side of the center.) Fold this part like an accordion.

2. The pop-up parts of the card (in my card, the punched-out flowers) are mounted on 3/4" wide strips of card stock. These vary in length (1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2") and are kind of stacked along the various folds in the center of the card. If you get a chance to check out Patti's blog, you'll see that she used acetate to mount her fun little images. Using acetate really makes it look like your images are just floating there--very cool!

4. I used flower images from Petal Pizazz to make my bouquet, and punched them out with the 1 1/4" Circle and 5-Petal Flower Punches.

Here's the link to Patti Lee's blog with more information: http://creationsbypatti.blogspot.com/2009/12/wicked-challenge-1-floating-snowflakes.html.

Hope you get a chance to try this fun card out! I'd love to hear your comments, too. Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment