Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day Happiness

Stamping while away from home can be daunting, but I've found that when I take the time to plan a project or two, I really enjoy the creativity and relaxation. Last week I was on the road for two nights, so I packed up two different projects to take along. Here's one. I'll post the other soon.


This card is really pretty simple, even though it has several elements and also features a variation on the Spotlight Technique. The card base is Soft Suede, with the image panel matted on Blushing Bride. I stamped the thyme image with Wild Wasabi, and then again with Chocolate Chip for the "spotlight." (Yes, I know spotlights are round, but by making it square, I saved myself from having to pack my round punch!) I figured the Scallop Edge Punch and Basic Pearls were just the ticket to feminize this design and layout for Mother's Day.


Of course, with a dark card base, I wanted to line my card with Very Vanilla. That gave me an opportunity to repeat the thyme image on the inside of the card, too. This time, I went for subtlety and stamped in pink. Even though I didn't use a specific Mother's Day sentiment, I think the message fits perfectly. I sent one to both my mom and my mother in law.

This stamp set, Herb Expressions, has four different herb images with coordinating sentiments. I love using it! If you like it, don't miss the boat--this is one of the many sets that SU! is retiring at the end of May! Check the website www.stampinup.com or contact me if you'd like to order.

Special thanks to my friends Erin and Peggy from work who stamped with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment