Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sunny Birthday

I'll admit to being somewhat confused by the new Blogger interface. I guess the more birthdays I have, the more new things I'll have to try to figure out.

My birthday is this week, and my present to myself is to spend some quality time with my stamps and ink! I made this card on commission. It is a riff on a card in the 2011-2012 IBC, and it is also a slight variation of one of the projects my Club ladies completed at our September meeting.


Who doesn't love the Upsy Daisy stamp set? I paired it here with the Beyond the Garden dsp, and chose Tangerine Tango for the focal image--orange in honor of Fall. For a bit of class, I used two halfback pearls on the small green panel.

The inside features another big piece of the dsp, and a reprise of the daisy image, too (this time in Daffodil Delight). When I designed this card, I thought maybe it was too spring-like, but our weather here in Minnesota is in the 80s and sunny all week long, so I guess it fits!


I hope you like this card enough to give it a try yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment