Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Perfect Sentiment

Sometimes things just work out right. A mere two days after I received the new Ronald McDonald House Charities benefit stamp set, Turtle & Co., I was called on to make a card for a church member who had foot surgery. Not only are the images in this set cute and upbeat, but one of the sentiments is "hope you're back on your feet soon!"

For this card, I combined a layered look with a CAS style, giving the card a rich yet simple feel. I like it!


The Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon paired with Real Red card stock and ink helped to carry the cheery theme, too. I added a touch of texture with the small polka dot Texturz plate, and used a Blender Pen to add color from my ink pads to the turtle.


With the Real Red card base, I needed to line the inside, giving me a perfect excuse to add this cute little snail in Real Red ink. As a former Life Science teacher, I can't help but chuckle as I pair the word "feet" with a smiling, one-footed gastropod.

No comments:

Post a Comment