Thursday, August 12, 2010

August Technique Club

It's been too long! I didn't stamp at all while I was on vacation last week--I swam and read and relaxed. This week has been filled with catch-up, and tonight I got back together with my top-notch Technique Club ladies, and we had a grand old time.

I posted the Faux Tin Ceiling card a while back, and we learned that technique tonight. If you are thinking of trying this technique out, here are a couple of things to keep in mind: it is pretty easy, but it does use a lot of silver embossing powder. We made a total of 9 projects tonight using this technique, and pretty much used up a container of ep.



Here is another card we made tonight, though everyone's card was a bit different. The base is Tempting Turquoise, "ribbon" is Daffodil Delight card stock (the Textured Impressions Square Lattice Embossing Folder gives it the deep relief), mat is Rich Razzleberry (3 1/4" square), and the stamped panels are Whisper White (a 3" square piece cut up).

We each used different images for the panels, drawing from Belles attentions Hostess Stamp Set (here), Herb Expressions, and Elements of Style.

It was so much fun to get together and create with my Club again. It seems likes it has been ages! I'm looking forward to another night of productivity next week Friday (August 20), when the SAPUMC Artist Guild meets to flex our stamping muscles and turn out a few cards for our Card Ministry. Everyone is welcome at our meeting, so contact me if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment