Saturday, November 13, 2010

VSN Again!

This is a great weekend for Virtual Stamp Night! Check out all of the "On Cloud Nine" challenges at www.splitcoaststampers.com.

I had a busy and super-productive morning. Each VSN Challenge has a 45 minute time limit, and I came in under the wire on all of them. (A few times I had to stop and reach a picture book or feed someone, but it's all good.)

I stuck with a color combination from an old SU! designer paper set I have some remnants of for three of my cards: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue with Whisper White and Basic Black for neutrals.

Here is Janet's Turkey:



Janet wanted a special card for the young men next door. I made this little guy (who really says "Happy Bird-day") into a turkey. Hee, hee. After stamping him with Basic Black on Whisper White, I cut him out (trimming his tail feathers and lopping off his party hat). For his fancy new turkey tail, I simply used Sticky Strip to attach a fan of dsp strips. His Pilgrim hat is a piece of Basic Black cs that I cut freehand with my awesome SU! Paper Snips.

On the inside of the Turkey card, I used a stamp from the Greatful Greetings sentiment set, and stamped it in three different colors of ink. (Not the best image, sorry.)



Challenge C was a really fun one: we were supposed to make a card with a theme of "hope," use silver in some way, and also line the inside of the card. Here is my Hope Daisy:



On the inside, I echoed the Upsy Daisy motif, and offset the sentiment slightly. I like it, and hope you do, too.



I made this card for another "silver lining" challenge. For NOV10VSNE, the challenge was to use silver and line art or silver and stitching. I decided to go with all three: silver ink, line art image and faux stitching.



I hope you like these cards, and I encourage you to check out the challenges. It is so fun to play along, and really gets the creative juices flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment